The Shipping and Collections Policy of Ralph Jacobs, a Division of Coscoroba Group Holdings Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 2019/10/101093/07) (hereinafter, “TCG”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, “Ralph Jacobs governs the method of handling shipping and collections. This Shipping and Collections Policy is incorporated by reference in the Terms and Conditions of Sale and should be read in accordance with the definitions and reference containing therein.
In the event of any conflict and/or inconsistencies, this Shipping and Collections Policy shall take precedence.
As set out in The Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008, Section 54, the consumer has the right to timely performance and completion of services which has to be done in a manner and quality that the consumer is generally entitled to.
Shipping deals with the difficult task of mitigating supply chain issues. Shipping companies specialise in moving freight and also deal with warehousing and import and export logistics. The objective of this Shipping and Collections Policy is to ensure the consumer the peace of mind offered by Ralph Jacobs and the courier service that is used by Ralph Jacobs.
Definition of Shipping and Collections Policy
A shipping policy is a document that outlines the rules for shipping goods to the consumer, or the rules for returning goods via mail. These policies cover details like costs, delivery times and dates and what to do if the product is damaged on arrival.
- Ralph Jacobs may appoint a 3rd party delivery partner at its own discretion.
- No parcel/s will be shipped and/or delivered to a Postal Address.
- No deliveries will be made on public holidays and/or weekends.
- In the event of a force majeure situation (e.g., strikes, extreme weather conditions, government pronouncements or restrictions), Ralph Jacobs’ obligations are suspended during the period of the force majeure situation.
- Deliveries may take up to five (5) business days.
- Once the consumer’s delivery has been booked, no changes to the specified address and/or delivery option will be accepted.
- Free Shipping only applies;
- Orders placed online (https://coscoroba.co.za);
- Should the shipping address be within the borders of the Republic of South Africa and;
- is not a farm, plot, informal settlement or township,
- is not a business address,
- Should the first attempt to deliver be unsuccessful, any attempt thereafter will be billed and is payable by the consumer.
- All times are referred to as South African Standard Time (“SAST”)
- In the event of a force majeure situation (e.g., strikes, extreme weather conditions, government pronouncements or restrictions), Ralph Jacobs’ obligations are suspended during the period of the force majeure situation along with Ralph Jacobs’ 3rd party delivery partner
- Customers are responsible for all postage and re-postage of returns and exchanges, Ralph Jacobs does not refund delivery charges, or the cost of returning products except when a product is received faulty.
- Ralph Jacobs is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged shipments.
- All shipments are insured and the consumer assumes all responsibilities of claims made with the shipping carrier.
- Ralph Jacobs cannot and will not change or intercept a package to alter the delivery.
- The consumer may incur customs duties and taxes on the items purchased and these fees are not charged or calculated by Ralph Jacobs.
- Consumers are responsible for all import taxes, customs, tariffs, excises and other governmental fees associated with their merchandise. Such customs fees, if applicable, are generally paid directly to the national government or postal service at the time of delivery.
- Ralph Jacobs has no involvement in foreign customs policies and has no ability to predict possible customs fees for merchandise sent outside of South Africa.
- In case of returned shipments, the consumer is responsible for any and all additional shipping fees and return fees assessed. Please call your local Customs & Duties Offices for more information regarding excise duties.
Ralph Jacobs will supply you with a collection waybill/s for your parcel/s.
Securely wrap your item/s to prevent damage from courier handling and ensure that the item/s cannot be identified by any other person.
Should you be returning any item/s related to our 7-Day Return Policy or Warranty Policy, ensure as per our Returns Policy that you have included all required item/s and/or packaging or any other required documents or items requested by Ralph Jacobs in your parcel.
Print out the collection waybill/s for each parcel. Make sure you printout all copies in the supplied PDF.
The courier driver will supply you with a box/courier bag for each parcel. Place your securely wrapped item/s inside the box/courier bag and ensure the box/courier bag is sealed. Attach the correct waybill to the box/courier bag for the parcel.
Do not disclose any information relating to the contents of your parcel to the courier and/or courier driver or any other person.
Do not allow the driver/courier to write out a waybill. Only use printed electronic waybills and make sure that the driver scans the waybill’s barcode when it is collected. (If the driver fails to scan the barcode or creates a manual waybill, the tracking will not work.)
- In order for Ralph Jacobs products purchased by the consumer to be delivered to the consumer, Ralph Jacobs utilises the warehousing, courier, logistics and transportation services of a 3rd party.
- Ralph Jacobs as a responsible party, undertakes to ensure the consumer that all information is collected and recorded, processed and stored in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI Act”).
- Ralph Jacobs will provide the consumer’s personal information to the 3rd party in order for them, as an operator in terms of the POPI Act, to perform the services on behalf of Ralph Jacobs.
- The 3rd party will collect, process and store such personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.
- The consumer hereby consents to;
- Ralph Jacobs providing a 3rd party with the consumer’s personal information; and
- The 3rd party collecting, processing and storing such personal information in order for the 3rd party to perform the services on behalf of Ralph Jacobs and the consumer.
- The consumer supplies such personal information to Ralph Jacobs and the 3rd party of the consumer’s own accord and free will.
- Accordingly, by placing the order and providing such information, the consumer hereby consents;
- To provide the consumer’s personal information to Ralph Jacobs and the 3rd party; and
- Confirms that the personal information requested from the consumer and recorded, processed and/or stored by Ralph Jacobs and the 3rd party is lawfully required for the functioning and business activities of Ralph Jacobs and the provision by the 3rd party of the services to Ralph Jacobs and the consumer.