The Complaints Policy of Ralph Jacobs a division of Coscoroba Group Holdings Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 2019/10/101093/07) (hereinafter, “TCG”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, “Ralph Jacobs”) governs the method of handling complaints laid against TCG. This Complaints Policy is incorporated by reference in the Terms and Conditions of Sale and should be read in accordance with the definitions and reference containing therein.
In the event of any conflict and/or inconsistencies, this Complaints Policy shall take precedence. As set out in The Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008, Section 54, the consumer has the right to timely performance and completion of services which has to be done in a manner and quality that the consumer is generally entitled to.
Ralph Jacobs seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
Ralph Jacobs is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which Ralph Jacobs receives and manages your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes.
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process.
- Your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence,
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information.
Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to service, designing and manufacturing of products provided by Ralph Jacobs.
Ralph Jacobs will log your complaint and acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 business days in writing. Ralph Jacobs will investigate your complaint to ascertain whether the complaint can be resolved.
You can also lodge a complaint by:
If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing.
When we are investigating your complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following information:
- Your name and contact details.
- The name of the Ralph Jacobs’ customer service consultant.
- The nature of the complaint.
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant.
- Details of conversations you may have had with any Ralph Jacobs representative that may be relevant to your complaint.
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
- When taking a complaint, we will record your name and contact details. We will also record all details of your complaint including the facts and the cause/s of your complaint, the outcome and any actions taken following the investigation of your complaint. We will also record all dates and times relating to actions taken to resolve the complaint and communications between us.
- As part of our ongoing improvement plan, complaints will be monitored for any identifying trends by management and rectification/remedial action taken to mitigate any identified issues.
- If you lodge a complaint, we will record your personal information solely for the purposes of addressing your complaint. Your personal details will actively be protected from disclosure, unless you expressly consent to its disclosure.
Where a third-party is involved in investigating your complaint, we are required to speak with them to fully investigate your complaint.
Ralph Jacobs is committed to resolving your issues at the first point of contact; however, this will not be possible in all circumstances, in which case a more formal complaints process will be followed.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days. Once your complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of your complaint.
There may be circumstances during the initial review or investigation of your complaint where we may need to clarify certain aspects of your complaint or request additional documentation from you. In such circumstances we will explain;
Should we not be able to resolve your complaint we will refer you to the Consumer Goods and Industry Ombud (CGSO) for assistance. Ralph Jacobs fully complies with the Consumer Goods and Industry Ombud act of South Africa.
Should you be unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may lodge your complaint at the Consumer Goods and Industry Ombud online at https://www.cgso.org.za/ alternatively you may contact their help line on: 0860 000 272.
Should you publish any complaints, articles and/or media on any public platform with the intention to cause Ralph Jacobs, its subsidiaries, employee/s, director/s or shareholder/s in disrepute without notifying your intentions in writing to [email protected] and/or failing to allow Ralph Jacobs a fair opportunity to respond to your complaint or in any other circumstance deemed as unfair by Ralph Jacobs, Ralph Jacobs may hold you liable for any financial loss or cost incurred as well as any future financial loss or cost.